Dan Brown's Inferno...Did you like it??




Hi all,

Dan Brown is back with his new novel Inferno inspired by Dante Alighieri's poem that shares the same name & the book is  rather interesting...



It's been a long time since my last post, mostly because I was busy finishing Inferno. Dan Brown fans will like  the book, but Robert Langdon fans will definitely find somethings missing in this piece.

Yeah, I agree that what I'm saying may sound highly contradicting to people but according to me it is the best possible way one can sum up a reader's reaction after reading the book.

Dan Brown an exemplary author as he is, has left no stone upturned to ensure that this book is unputdownable . The story navigates through three of Europe's most beautiful cities Florence, Venice & Istanbul. As always his descriptions of these cities & the architectural marvels are so narrative that reader can feel that he is present right in the middle of the action.

The book has all qualities of a classic thriller, with enough twists & turns to ensure that you keep on reading the book without picking sides coz if you do that, you may either end up picking the wrong side or may miss the fact that the image is a circle with no sides but only a single arc that contains all.

The only thing that disappointed me was near anti-climax  of an ending which seems more like a buzz kill.
The fact that the book takes a moral standpoint on a global overpopulation issue makes me deduct a few points from the review.

Fiction should never take a stand & must always remain neutral is what I feel, else it's no longer fiction.

What makes me say that the book will disappoint Robert Langdon fans is the because in the previous few editions we have character we have been engulfed by Professors unmatched skills in solving puzzles that provides a very different kind of rush to the reader. In this book though we are left asking for significantly more & though  the book has Langdon figure out a very complex & literally spiraled up riddle but still there was something missing & I must say that belly wasn't full.

Well, despite what I think, I will definitely want you to pick up the book & start reading as you will definitely enjoy it & if you have already read it please share your views about the book.

That's all for today
Have a nice day

Aryan

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment